"Bob Rumpson's the only one doing the talking"

"Bob Rumpson's the only one doing the talking" is a quote from "American President" Michael Douglas, Annette Benning, Michael J. Fox, etc. The gist is that Bob Rumpson was a bully and was bashing Michael Douglas and Annette Benning, both making the choice not to lower themselves to "Bob Rumpson's" Level.

Similarly, until now I've pretty much thought that if I stayed quiet and just let the "little woman" say her piece and do her thing that she would see that no ones listening and no one really cares. Not even after she trashed me online to all our friends, our children and our children's friends, did I speak out. I opted for the high road thinking that it would be best if I just stayed out of the picture, didn't respond, and let the waters calm. Trouble is, the water never flattened out.

It just kept coming. And by not fighting back or not speaking out, my children and some of our friends decided that since she was the one spreading the "all mighty gospel" that it must be true. Well, as most of you know there are three sides to every story, her side, his side and the real side and just because you opted to believe one story over the other doesn't make the other a lier, it just means that you've made a choice. Trust me little ones, there is more to the story then is being let on.

Ex. And Will (Brandon Barnard - my son-in-law) I'm sorry to use you for an example, but you stepped up to be a follower so I thought that maybe you could or would appreciate this.

Will called me one night very angry. Unknown to me my ex had filled his and my daughters head with a barn yard full or crap. He started his conversation with "You're going to sit there and listen to what I have to say." Being that Will and I have a lot in common, meaning that he loves my daughter too, I was a hot head when I was his age, and neither likes to take crap from anyone else. I asked him if this was how he wanted to start the conversation. He said "yes". My response was to hang up the phone. He called back, I asked if he'd learned anything, his response, "No!" I repeated my actions..... this went on a few more times before my daughter finally got on the phone. Here is where the lesson comes in. It didn't matter that I hadn't said or done what my ex had told them, it was a matter of she filled them so completely with a line of crap that they had no other choice, in their minds, but to believe her over me. And unfortunately I could do nothing to change their minds.

My hope is that at some point they have the courage to stand up and make a decision to hear the other two sides of this story and make a clear and honest choice from there. Through all this I have never asked any of my children to make a decision or choice between the two of us. But because my ex feels the need for drama, revenge, and destruction, none of them will speak to me now. I found out about my grandchild being born on Facebook, I'm not allowed to have any photos, I wasn't invited to their wedding and the baby gift that I sent, I'm told, was given away.

So, the lesson for the day, step up, open your mind, listen, really listen to both sides equally and then realize that the third story is the one to believe.

Comments

  1. I like the approach you are taking to your page, it shows much more class than "The Diaries of a Middle-Aged, Delusional Woman" which I have also read. I commend you on being a much better role model in the way you handle yourself. Your facebook friend "The Bert"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first read this my immediate reaction was that life is never black and white, it's always some shade of grey. Some day I hope your children and other relatives will be wise enough to realize that. warmly, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, so sad that your wife has told lies to your children.... you have alot more class.. hopefully your kids will grow up and see the true side.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts