Why isn't this working?

Hello All –

I have been going over and over this book – Wild Swan – and for some reason it just isn’t coming to me. I’m supposed to be reworking it, all I seem to really be doing is reading the silly thing. So I ask myself - "Why isn't this working?" I’m wondering if I need to seriously just dig deeper and rip the story apart. Take the characters and the story line and move them into a different direction. I have no doubt that others, more professional and successful than I, would tell me to just keep going and the story will come. For me – it may need some more time away. Granted I wrote this story several year’s ago – you would think that I’ve had enough time away – I didn’t really care for it then and not really digging it now. LOL – WOW – what’s that say? I just talked myself out of writing them damn thing. I’m not one to give up so I’m giving it one more shot. My goal is to have a better grasp on this thing by my birthday in March. We’ll see how this all goes and maybe I'll figure out - Why this isn't working?
Have an OUTSTANDING day – and thanks for stopping by !

Comments

  1. Chris - I hope you do not give up on Wild Swan. I enjoyed what I read of it. You may be just need a sign of spring. The daffodils are blooming near the drawbridge of the Mispillion. Think of spring meaning a new start...fresh new outlook on your book. I have not been very creative either during these grey cloudy winter days. But seeing the daffodils made me feel like I wanted to start.

    Beth Gilbert

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts