Well folks, the blog hit home. I received an email from my ex telling me that I should just relax about my past and let her do her job. She also said that this wasn't war.

= - } I don't think she got the memo.

No this isn't war, this is stepping up. If you're going to bring me into this mess and tell all the bad things and half truths about me, well then I suppose I should step up and just really let it all out. After all when she announced on Myspace and Facebook to all of our friends, family, and our children's friends that I was gay, she kind of set the bar. My response was just this. That I have no intention of stopping that this blog is to do good. She has already pushed me as far down as I could go and taken so much away from me already, so why not just do my best to build myself up again.

Having said that. I receive life changing reflection notices every day, I'd like to share this one with you. It's by Dr. John H. Sklare. I hope that he doesn't mind that I'm spreading the word.

An important ingredient for lifestyle change is motivation. Change and progress simply cannot be achieved without motivation. This is a lesson we all learn early in life. You can have all the tools you need and plenty of support from those around you, but if you don't have that fire in your belly kind of incentive, you'll continue to circle your target. If you don't have motivation, you'll simply circumnavigate your goal like a satellite that's stuck endlessly orbiting some distant planet.

The necessary sequence for landing a NASA rover on a distant planet can be likened to the sequence you need to employ to attain your goal. You have to take action to break free from your current orbit, approach your goal and land safely. Motivation and focus are the two partners you need on this mission. If you want to reach your goals in 2010, I suggest you pump up your motivation, focus like a laser beam on the target and commence the landing sequence for that distant dream this year.

Wishing You Great Health, Dr. John H. Sklare.

These statements made me think of my son Alex. Now from what he tells me, on New Years Eve his mother called him from and neighboring town telling him that he has until morning to get out of the house. The reason, he spoke with me on the phone.

= - } How does that connect?

Alex has called me and asked to come live in New York, he and his girlfriend are planning to move here in the next few weeks. He has, they have, a goal and a desire to break free of the situation that they have been in and move on and up. Like so many, it has been difficult for him to find a job in Michigan, in fact, no one in my ex wife's house actually has a job. They are living off of her father, who at this moment is dying of cancer.

Sorry I ventured off for a moment.

Alex has finally found the motivation to utilize his art form to make a living. And I'm proud that he has made this first step. Having him near me will certainly add to the pleasures of my life. I'm just sorry that by doing so he is forced to make a choice. Really one that was forced on him. If he comes out here, his mother wants nothing to do with him. So he is daring to break free, grow up, become a man and start his life. Dare to make his own mistakes and realize his own potential......

Welcome to New York Alex, remember that you'll always have me and I'll do my best to love and support you - always. As I do for all of my children. And some day, each one will see that.

Be well.

Comments

  1. well said, your are on the right path.. here..here.. to Alex... Get away from that mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chris, keep growing your soul and spirit, you are doing great! keep the spirit of Love..

    ReplyDelete
  3. that wife of yours sounds so wacked out! you must grow past all that.. and to do that, you need to shut them off... unfortunately.. but they chose it that way.. your kids are following there mothers wacked ways.. that's so messed up! so my friend... keep growing emotionally for the better .. God loves you..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts