AND IT'S COMPLETE !


The Row Boat


Hello Everyone - 

And on to the next short story. For those of you who don't know - I've asked my Facebook friends to send me photos of the beach, water, family or the combination of all. With that I have selected 24 photos that l will then focus into short stories, based around the images in those photos. After finishing a few of these short stories already, I have a new found respect for the short story writer. It's not easy people! Coming from someone who LOVES to add detail and draw a scene out. I've had a hard time keeping my, what l think are magical shorts, from becoming a fantastic novella. But - l'm learning. And - I'm enjoying it. Which means that I'm looking forward to the rest of the stories to come. The next photo or story is the "The Row Boat." Photo insert here. I've already decided that the story will take place on Higgins Lake in Michigan. If you don't know of Higgins Lake - google it! I spent every summer vacation as a child there with my family and my Mother's family. It was an extremely happy time for me and brings back amazing memories. AND - the lake is beautiful, so check it out.



As for my next book "Waters Edge" - TODAY!!! Today - people - Waters Edge will be completely written. NOT edited, but written. So now the true challenge is coming. The reading and re-reading and making corrections and adding on is what really takes the time. The story, in my mind, is the easy part. I just have to write what shows up in the movie that plays in my head. NOW, I actually have to make the movie work. One of the things that I've done in this one is to bring some technology into the mix - having my characters use their phones more often. Texting each other as well as using their computers in their every day lives. Basically I've made them just like most of us. Yes, they wake up in the morning, check their Facebook like it was the morning paper while drinking their coffee. Always having their phones in their left hand ready for the next text or google search. As I'm reading the story back to myself, I'm thinking it's kind of cool, bringing a little more human nature and us into the characters.



Next up - what are you reading? As many of you know, I'm a big fan of Nicholas Sparks, so I'm reading his new book - "See Me". So far so good. As a fan I feel that I can say that some of his books are a little - soft - but this one is spot on. I'm enjoying the characters, the story line and even the fact that it's much longer then most of his other books. I don't mind a thick book. It means that you get to be with those characters that much longer. I don't know about the rest of you but I sometimes go through a grieving period after I finish a good book.

So - like the rest of you - I have a lot going on and now need to get focused on the day and get some of this list narrowed down. Here's hoping you have a great day.

Be well and thanks for stopping by.

Christopher

As always - mention this Blog post in the note section of your order and I'll give you 10% off the purchase of your books. Thanks!!!

www.christophereclawson.weebly.com 


Comments

Popular Posts