GREAT NEWS !!


Hello Everyone –
Now that my Short Fiction Online Class for Phila U is over, by the way – I thoroughly enjoy connecting with the students as well as helping to guide them to deliver an outstanding short fiction project.  To that – I’ve decided to take the time and try my hand at writing a short story myself. YES – I’ll be doing this alongside writing “Waters Edge”,  working on turning “Bless Me Father” into a screenplay – AND – writing a children’s book with David for the Ladybug Shop. So yes, I’m a little busy and possibly crazy, but I’m enjoying it.
GREAT NEWS – as I’m writing this I just received a text message from David that “Wild Swan” has just arrived. At the moment I’m at work, yet so excited to see the finished product and post about them when I get home. Look for that later this evening. NICE !!!
Okay – back to business. There are a couple of short fiction competitions that I want to submit to as well as a couple of screenplay competitions; which is why all the madness. Actually I think it’s just going to be a matter of staying focused and organized. All this stems from my phenomenal friend Pattyann McCarthy. She has been working diligently on perfecting many of her own short stories. At her suggestion – I’m taking the plunge – we’ll see how it goes.
When I first started writing it wasn’t about making money, recognition or really too much success. It was more about proving to myself that I could write a better story than what I had been reading. Not to mention completing the project and seeing the tangible book in my hand. If the book sold or not was really not a concern; but more just seeing it in my hand. Now three books in with so many books sold and loyal fans looking forward to what’s coming next. I’m still looking to stay grounded and enter these competitions not looking to win, but to just finish the story and submit it.
So – wish me luck!
Be well,
Christopher


As always – mention this blog site in the note section of your order and I’ll give you 10% off your book purchase.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts