Broken Fences

News!
I just found out that my family, (ex-wife, children, son-in-law and grandchild) will be moving here to NYC as of March 1. It’s an interesting feeling knowing that they are on their way and that they’ll be here in this massive City and I might still never see them. I’m hoping that things between us start to be repaired but there are safe guards that are put in place now that will have to remain. At present my family doesn’t know where I live, they know where my mailing address is but they don’t know where I actually live. They don’t know where I work either. Basically because I don’t want them calling my landlord or my employer and causing issues. They wouldn’t do that you say? We’ll that’s not all together true. While living in Michigan I had all kinds of issues with just that. Not my children, but others seemed to think that it was there life’s goal to make mine as rough and tough as possible. So, having learned my lesson, even with the 29 messages in 8 mins on my phone, I have to keep my private life just that, private. I’m sure that as time goes on the walls will come down but at present I have to think of mine and D’s well being.

I suppose step one will be calling them, once there here, and asking to meet them somewhere for a drink or at McDonald’s. And we’ll go from there. SOOOOOOOOO wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that broken fences can be mended.

Comments

Popular Posts