If you look for the bad in mankind, you will certainly find it.

Hey Everyone -

This morning, like the majority of the world, I woke up, after the routine trip to the bathroom to pee I went directly for my coffee. In my case a glass of soda, and then grabbed my phone. And like everyone else, I went straight for my phone and my Facebook app. There I found a few memories that I enjoyed seeing. One of David and I when we were down here on vacation from Delaware. Another photo - listed here - and this statement that I wrote.

"What is the life story you're wanting to tell? And why is it that we only describe the hate? This has been an eye opening day!"

Then I put my Pollyanna hat on and remembered the line - "If you look for the bad in mankind - you will certainly find it - Abraham Lincoln"

The two things got me thinking about a new story that I'm working on and how it needs to have a little more action to show the love and not just the words. And also - to go back and look to see if maybe all the negativity that is within the story can be turned around.

After this little bit of awakening - I started to think about my journal. I don't do it as often as I should - which prompted a new goal - lol - great just what I needed - anyway, I went back into my words and found that same situation occurring. It seems that the only time that I would write something in my journal was when I had experienced something bad, some fight or disagreement with either David, my job, my kids and lord knows my ex-wife. It didn't help that David and I had a stupid argument last night as well. So before picking up my leather journal I decided to wait and find a better time to release my inner thought.

When I write, like most writers, I tend to write about things in my life or things that are happening around me. Thankfully when I'm putting pen to pad, I also find happiness and strive to dig and find love for my characters.

So - the goal now is to journal more often and to write something more than just the bad that is happening around me. And to apologize to David. lol - although he started it. =)

3 x's Lipka!

Have a great day everyone - and like always, mention this blog in the note section of your book order and I'll give you an additional 15% off your purchase.

Be well,

Christopher

My short stories are also available on my website www.christophereclawson.weebly.com or on Amazon and Kindle






Comments

Popular Posts