Happy Christmas - Update!


Hey Everyone -

Let me start out by wishing you all a very Happy Christmas. I hope that you're able to have some serious quality time with your family, and that your holiday meal is stress less, not to mention appetizing .  I don't know about you, but for me, it's all about the turkey, mashed potatoes - gravy and corn. The rest is all secondary. Even my plate of seconds and thirds is always a hefty helping of the tri-fect-ta.

This year David and I will be spending the morning with our family and then heading out for lunch at Olive Garden and a movie later. That is still undecided. It's been a tradition since our first Christmas together. After seven years together, why stop now.

To business -

This photo is the next piece of inspiration for the Short Story Project, which is coming along very well. To-date I have four out of 12-15 stories complete. 12-20, basically because I haven't actually committed to that. I'm enjoying the process so much that I'm not sure if I want to have so few as 12. But also know that I don't want any more than 20. It pretty much depends on the length of all the stories. I'd like it to be a nice size book with plenty of stories to enjoy. In some cases, yes size matters. =)So . . .  we'll see where it all ends, no matter what, the process has been fun.

Just a reminder that my very handsome, very talented, partner, David and I have joined together for this project. He will be creating a painting that relates to each story, also inspired by the photos sent in. Once we're finished we'll have an art opening exhibit and book signing. We're planning for spring. We both want to thank you all for sending in your photos and helping us out with this project.


As for the photo above, THANK YOU CHRIS WARD for such a great pic. I knew from the moment that I saw the photo exactly where I wanted the story to go. Like most things, typically it takes a minute or two to really see where you want to take something. This particular story and photo was very easy to conceive and is almost writing itself. So, thank you again, Chris!


Next up - Waters Edge. It is now time to wrap this manuscript up and move on. I've taken it to the point where it going to end soon. Then I'll be able to start going back and adding the fluff. As most of you know, my process is to write the story out in long hand then transfer it to my computer. This give me another chance to go back over the story and add the little nuances that many enjoy.

Waters Edge continues the story of two of the Matthews brothers, Tristan and Boston. The guys flee Michigan and head to Florida for a well deserved vacation. The plan was to go down in April and stay until Halloween. Quite the stay, yes? Neither planned, thought and even assumed that they would find the love of their lives while they were there. Or that they would be living next door. Of course no story worth its weight is without a villian; Waters Edge has three. And why? Well it's one of those go big or go home kind of books. So I thought, why not. What could it hurt. AND - don't we all have a few nasty ass people in our lives that never seem to go away? Well, this story and these characters also have those nasty ass people and situations. Besides, it's been fun.

Okay, this blog has already go on longer than I wanted and is certainly long enough. Lucky for me - I have art! lol.

Again, Happy Christmas everyone!

Thanks for stopping in.

Christopher

 

BTW - now that all of my books are just $10. I have lifted the discount. I'm thinking that $10 is a pretty good deal all on it's own. Thanks again for stopping in and your thank you in advance for your book order. Use the link below to start your order now.

Comments

Popular Posts