Old man - new day!

 
 
Okay, so I'm not 25 any more, no surprise right? Apparently it doesn't matter that I feel like I'm am. Or that the person looking back in the mirror doesn't necessarily look his age. The fact is, I'm healing like some old man.
 
As you know, a couple of months ago I got hit by a truck while riding my bike. It wasn't totally severe, it was however terrifying, the nightmares are still hanging on. The end result from the accident was that I really hurt my left foot. So much so that I'm still in a bit of pain. I'm having difficulty driving and have yet to be able to walk for a full hour in the morning with David. Which angers me. Not only do I not get to spend that time with him but it also means that the weight is piling on. Sooooooooooo, this weekend, I'm jumping back on the bike in an effort to get some exercise. I'm hoping to see some results soon.
 
Point 2 that I'm aging. This afternoon I was in CVS, I didn't have my glasses with me and was trying to check out. Thankfully there was a young girl behind me who could help me press the correct buttons. UGH and GRRRR!!!
 
This guy doesn't look that old? Does he? 53 isn't that old is it?

Yes - I'm just a bit frustrated. I can remember being able to see clearly and also healing from an injury within days. Hell, when I had my appendix out I was choreographing "Annie" the next week. Well, those were apparently other days.
 
Onward!
 
To that end, I have been able to get some writing done. I have a goal of getting Waters Edge completed by November 1st, and that's pretty much on schedule. I've started to get moving on the 25 short stories project, which I'm finding a little more difficult than I first thought. But, I'm committed, thinking that when some of the other projects flow away, the juices will be ready for this one.
 
 
 
I also have a new project that has been taking up a great deal of time . I'm in the works to start an online publishing company, Breaking Rules Writing Competitions.
 
 
 
Breaking Rules plans to be a base of support to writers, both young and old, who are in pursuit of their passion for creative writing. The inspiring of those who love to read and write stories, long or short is what drives the company. We will look to those who get lost in their own imagination, and have hopes to open up, learn from others, and possibly become published.

Our mission, is to create a writers community, provide encouragement, resources, competitions, and inspiration to writers, both young and old, at any level.
 
Once we're up and running, I'll let you all know. Social media sites are already in the works and I'll be asking all of your for your support. Until then, thanks for stopping by. And as always, mention this post in the note section of your book order and I'll give you 30% off your entire order, not including shipping.
 
Thanks again for stopping by, be well.
 
Christopher

Comments

Popular Posts