Just Catching Up!


        This has been harder than I first thought. It could be just a lack of time, or simply absent mindedness. Which isn't far from the truth at the moment. I start out with great intentions and then something gets in the way. I’m jealous of those people who get to write for themselves all day.  Having to work a full time job for someone else, having the Ladybug Shop, making sure that my adult children and grandchildren stay close, is tough all on its own. Add in writing for myself, all the little writing projects that I want to do or have shelved in my head. And then of course there is David and helping him meet his own goals. (It’s a partnership – it’s part of the package.) Anyway, it leaves little time to sit and come up with 300 words that somehow make sense.

Breathing – so! Water’s Edge is coming along, although, I have gone back and reworked it a bit. Mid book I came up with a great idea, which meant that I had to go back and add a few chaps here and there. But it’s been worth it. I am absolutely in love with the story. I'll share bits and pieces of it soon. And yes, I’ve cried and laughed through it several times. If any of you have seen “Something’s Got To Give,” with Diane Keaton.

 

The part where she is writing the play and she’s laughing and crying as she writes, yeah, that’s me. David will be sitting across the room and look over at me, wondering if I’ve lost my senses completely. He could be right.

Next up – I’ve written a couple of short stories, motivation? The Short Fiction class that I taught this last Spring. BTW – it was awesome.



I’ve also ask my Facebook friends and family to send me some photos that they might have of people, families etc. by the water. I plan to create a short story with each photo, that will be the book after Waters Edge. Not to worry, the photog will get the media credit.

I’m also hoping to dig into some competitions, thank you Patty for that bug. Shaking my head at the moment. It's like what are you crazy or something. Anyway, it’s kind of back burner at this point, but, I would like to move it up to a hotter spot. We’ll see how the time turns.

Well, that’s where I am at this point. Just trying to find the necessary time it takes to actually release the movies that play in my head. And I'll try to make this more of a priority.

Popcorn is at the ready!

Be well,

Christopher

Please visit my website at www.christophereclawson.weebly.com

Thanks!!

Comments

Popular Posts