Water's Edge - Begins




















Water's Edge

Hello Everyone –

I was recently asked how I write, basically, how do I come up with a story? My answer was that I just do it – I sit down with a pen and paper and begin, FYI write everything down long hand first then put it in the computer. In my mind, that just offers me another opportunity to develop the story one more time. In fact - the story comes and unfolds naturally. Lol – most of the time I have no idea where it’s going until the middle and then I just keep going until I get to my foreseen end. With all that comes a little stage production that floats above my head, with all the characters of the story doing their best to keep up with my typing, yes, I’m pretty fast. I know that it sounds strange, but there is literally a stage production of the story running over and over just above my head. Almost giving me an insight to how it would all play out if it were real life. Maybe I have an over active imagination, maybe I’m just a bit wacked. =)

Having said all that, I’ve come up with a line from my new story, “Water’s Edge” and just posted it on facebook.
“I’ll have an alcoholic beverage, because no good story started from a bowl of cereal.”

As I was writing it I became extremely excited about where this line would take me, giving me a new excitement about the story and the characters that will follow. I’ve also decided that many of the characters will have, like me, an Irish heritage. This will do a couple things for me. Make the story very colorful, because we all know that the Irish are basically hot – hot tempered and amazing lovers; all the things that I look forward to writing about. It will also offer me the chance to do some research about my own heritage.
So “Water’s Edge” here we go.
Thanks,
Christopher
As always - mention this blog in the note section of your order and I'll give you 20% off your book purchase.
You can also visit my website at www.christophereclawson.weebly.com

Comments

Popular Posts