What a Challenge !


Hello Everyone -

Some of you may know that “Bless Me Father” had a GREAT deal of me and my life in it. At time it was very therapeutic, but also difficult to go through again. “The Trade” was not necessarily that way. Yes, there were points and situations that were components of Christopher Clawson-Rule, but for the most part it was a story that just happened. “Wild Swan” was pretty much the same way, and now that it’s complete and I’m just waiting for the completed cover, I’ve started to work on “Water’s Edge”, and it, like “Bless Me Father”, has become something of a challenge to live through again. But, I think that most stories are best when the author shares part of him or herself with the reader. Granted, LOL, you don’t need to know which parts are real and which parts are from the play that is rolling over in my head. That could be a good thing for us both. -=) But , I will also say that I need to be careful. Yesterday I found myself in a terrible mood and poor David got the blunt of the terror I created. And not to worry, I apologized and made up for it in a big way.  The good news, I’m aware and able to handle it - better.

Now – the GREAT news, “Wild Swan” is coming along. At present, I’m waiting on the text for the cover art, I have to write the acknowledgement, remove the page numbers and send in the final copy. I’m really looking forward to having it in hand. Partly because this book has been such a process and partly because I want to see how David’s artwork turned out. Also, I'm really looking forward to having it in hand. Having someone read it and tell you that they love or hate it and honestly give you feed back is fantastic, but there is also something just so amazing about having your end result or product in your hand. And, if you didn’t know or see, David signed the painting that we took the photo from, which means that he will now be a part of the book as well. I personnally think that it is fitting, since there are characters and components within “Wild Swan” that are totally him.

With the snow storm on its way, I hope that you are all safe and warm.

Christopher

My website - www.christophereclawson.weebly.com
As always – mention this blog in the note section of your book order and I’ll give you 20% off your purchase – not including shipping. Discounts will be taken in the store at the point of purchase.



David Rule      www.createdrule.weebly.com

Comments

Popular Posts