I’m sitting up in writing room, space, oasis, whatever you want to call it, doing some work on my next book, “Wild Swan,” and I was thinking that it’s amazing the things and people that we take for granted and how fortunate most of us are to have someone special in our lives. In Wild Swan the lead character finds out that his wife had been killed by reading it in the New York Times, abrupt I know. But as the story continues he comes to realize that he took for granted the one person in his life that supported, loved and needed him above anything else. And as I’m going over, hopefully the last rewrite, I realized that we allow situations like that to happen all to easily. That we, as individuals, become far to focused on outside situations, problems or responsibilities and leave those that we love, sometimes, far behind. Just expecting them to continually be there, just waiting for us to return. I’m not sure if this is due to an extraordinary selfish nature we may have or just a lack of being able to see what is really important. My only suggestion, as someone comparable to all of you, love the ones your with. Cherish every moment and never let an opportunity go by without telling them that you love them. One of the other reasons why I mention this is because I’ve just recently started a website www.christophereclawson.weebly.com and a new author facebook page. These two additions to me daily schedule will no doubt pull time away from my partner David and I’m at this moment making a conscious awareness to make sure I don’t let the little things pass me by. And do my best to keep him close.
I know that he would do the same for me.


I wish you good luck with yours – Be well !

Comments

Popular Posts