Waters Edge -


Waters Edge –

As most of you know, David and I live in Madeira Beach, FL, right on the water. Granted it’s the intercoastal , and we’re about 350 ft away from the Gulf of Mexico, it still is amazing. So when we were walking on the beach and the idea came to me to write “Waters Edge”, I thought how appropriate.

In my first three books the Matthews family has either been the main focus or a component of the story. It’s no different with Waters Edge. I’ve brought back a few of the characters, Boston and Tristan Matthews as well as their mother Nicole and their sister Sam, who is now 10. The idea behind the story is to bring the two men down to Florida, yes Madeira Beach, and help them fall in love all over again. Not only with the area, the view and the city of Madeira Beach, but also to find that one person who will make them whole again. Both men have had a difficult time over the last ten years and have found themselves working more than living. The beach house on Madeira Beach proves to be a place for them to relax, rejuvenate, and find themselves and what they’ve been missing.

Just a little insight – I love to write about the every day, the back story that no one knows about you, or my characters. You know all those things that happen in your day, the secret ambitions, the family challenges and your personal angels and demons. All those thoughts and issues that no one can see behind your smiling face. THAT’S the stuff that I like to put on paper. Somehow to me it seems like a real story. Not something so outrageous, but something real and relatable.

Having said that – Waters Edge is filled with little things and situations just like that.

Tristan, finds himself just coming out of his 10 year relationship with Andrew. He decided to get away from his restaurant and Saugatuck, Michigan by going to Florida for the summer. Silly boy, it’s humid and hotter than hell here during the summer. Lol. But, he rents a summer home and plans to stay through October just the same.

Boston hears of Tristan plan and tags along,  leaving his orchard and business to be run by his farm hands. Ever since his fiancé Montana was shot and killed, Boston has been in a downward spiral, digging himself into his work. Yes, he became very successful, but he was still alone, still tormented and still very unhappy. This trip with Tristan couldn’t have come at better time.

Little did either of them know that they would meet the Waters family and fall quickly into their family as well as in love. Like all love stories there has to be challenges, and there are.  For those you’ll have to wait. What I can tell you is that I’m really enjoying writing this book. I hope that most or all of you are aware that when you first fall in love life is amazing and you never want that feeling to end. I know that I feel that way with David and I’m hoping to give my characters that same feeling and outcome.

My story is about two brothers who find love on the Waters Edge.

Comments

Popular Posts