Wild Swan is complete !!!

David and I just recently re-watched “Julie and Julia” – if you’re not aware, it’s basically about this "want to be writer" – Julie – who has decided to do something with her life and has goaled herself to write a blog about Julia Childs cook book – “Mastering the art of French Cooking”. It’s meant to be funny – and it is. But what I got from it was the motivation to try to blog more often. Every day would be a little much but I can certainly make the effort. The goal here is to let you in on how I’m doing with the writing process while opening myself up to allow you into a bit of my personal life. So here we go.

As many of you know, David has agreed to create the new cover for “Wild Swan”. At present it is in mid production. David’s part is finished,  and to the left, now I have an amazing friend, Sonja, working on putting the text on the photo. It’s funny how little I know about that process. After sending her the photo she quickly deduced that it wasn’t at the 300 dpi needed for a good quality picture. She then went into a diatribe, meant for someone with much more information than I. Of course I had no clue about she was asking, saying and needing. It was your basic French 101 for me. Soooooooooooooo, lol, I asked her to bring it down to my level and we started to communicate a little better. Long story short, I need a better photo then what my phone could take. Lucky me, we have a better camera, unfortunately for David – he’s going to have to take the pic because I once again am technically challenged. But, we’ll get there.

All this was written yesterday and before we tried to take the photo with our camera. Surprise, we failed!! But, we reached out to our, equally amazing, friend Anne for some assistance with the photo. AND - now we have success - thank you all !!

As for the book itself, “Wild Swan” is complete. I have only to do the synopsis – write and acknowledgement and send it on its way. This means that I now can concentrate on “Water’s Edge”, it is something new; a new set of friends, new characters and new places to visit in my mind, and new situations. And having a love of the water will also help with the creative process. It means that during these gloomy winter months, I, get to go the beach every day, I'll try to take you with me. At this point it will be a lovely distraction. Look for bits of the story in the coming weeks.
Be safe – warm and well,

Christopher
As always – mention this blog in the note section of your book order and I’ll give you 20% off your purchase – not including shipping. Discounts will be taken in the store at the point of purchase.

Bless Me Father
http://www.ladybug-shop.com/Bless-Me-Father-by-Christopher-Clawson/

The Trade
http://www.ladybug-shop.com/The-Trade/

David Rule
www.createdrule.weebly.com

Comments

Popular Posts