A Chance Meeting With A Princess

Hello Everyone –

I’m hoping  that by now most of you know, beyond all of our workable hobbies, that David and I also run The Tower’s Bed and Breakfast. To that point - this weekend we had a very sweet guest that brought with her a green 1960’s suitcase. You know – the ones that gorillas use to jump up and down on in all those television commericals.  Anyway - Inside she had some interesting pieces of another woman’s history and articles that enlightened the reader about that history. While showing me all the pieces of material, letters, cards and newspaper clipping she told me the story about this woman who was, at one time, a princess in Romania and who feel in love and gave up her title to marry a handsome American doctor. During the conversations leading up to this point she had found out that David is an artist and that I am a writer.  After showing me all that she had in box or suitcase of tricks, she asked if I would be interest in writing this woman’s story. Unfortunately, the immediate answer was no, I’m not really interested, nor do I have the time to do all the research necessary to write the facts of someone else’s story. It's much easier, in my mind, to make it up as I go along. But – after a little bit of mauling it over, I decide that I would take on the challenge, in a way.
Water’s Edge is the new manuscript that I’m working on. The main character, Seamus Water’s, in the project is also a writer – amongst other wonderful and incredible things – so I got to thinking that maybe it wouldn’t necessarily be me to write the story, but Seamus. This way he could be working on it throughout the story, kind of a story within a story, and it would be a nice diversion for him to dig deep into her love, and love story with the handsome American doctor. Hopefully in the end it will teach him something about love, life and the things we will do for happiness along the way.  
So this chance meeting turned into a nice little twist for me, Seamus and Water's Edge. Just wanted to share.
Be safe and well,
Christopher

As always - mention this blog in the note section of your order and I'll give you 20% off your book purchase.
You may also visit my website at www.christophereclawson.weebly.com

The Towers - Bed and Breakfast website - www.mispillion.com

Comments

Popular Posts