Just say no!

Hello Everyone – I opened my laptop to start to work on Wild Swan and maybe a little of Submission, I have Anita Baker, George Michael and Chris Botti all lined up on the stereo. My soda poured and sitting next to me and I’m ready to go. Then the phone rings, a new reservation for The Towers – it’s for March 8th. This takes about 20 mins because the guys is unsure where he want to lay his head. With the phone call finished I’m ready to get back at it. Oops – not yet, another call, this time from Becki – one of the cast members from Nunsensations, the musical I’m directing. We open at the end of April. We spoke for about half and hour, which was good but the timing could have been better. Okay – sitting down ready to go once again, WRONG, David came home for a moment from painting in his studio. Which brought on a Ladybug Shop discussion that lasted for another 20 minutes. Then the realization that I needed to write a blog for the LBS as well as one of my own came into play. So here I am, trying to figure out which way is up, oops again, I have to work on a budget for my son Alex, he’s trying to get a non-profit started – Blank Canvas – we’re suppose to work on some things this morning.

SOOOOOOOOOOO !! This is where I am – I’m putting all that other stuff a side – writing this blog quickly and then back at the book. The moral to this story – SAY NO !!!

AND do what you need to in order to make yourself happy. Then the rock hit me and hit me hard - You need to stop trying to impress other people and start trying to impress yourself! Don't get carried away in other people's dramas and expectations. Do something that will make you proud of yourself -- and everything else will take care of itself.

Lol – This is my advice for the day – take it – leave it – but whatever you do – make it yours. I plan to get some more writing done – wish me luck ! Oh CRAP – soda just spilled ! =)

Be safe and well,

CC

Comments

Popular Posts