With the release of my second book, “The Trade”, and David’s gallery soon to open I thought it might be a good idea to bring new life to this tired old blog site. In the beginning it was just a place to release, and to share. I plan to keep that same focus, just narrowing in on the specifics. I plan to spend more time writing about my, our, lives, our challenges and successes, as well as try to engage you and learn from your remarks and reflections. I also plan to share some of my writing, whether it be part of my new manuscript, a short story, events in regard to my writing, support for those who are traveling this same road, new sources of learning or just my everyday thought.

As many of your know, David and I have moved from the high rises of New York City to the leisurely, and very relaxed, southern Delaware area. It’s no surprise that our love for the water, beach and basic outdoors has helped to make this transition….. extremely easy. We love our new home, the little town that we live in, the people who reside here and most of all, being so close to the ocean. We spent the summer getting to know the area, and enjoying the Delaware coastline and beaches. Living so close to the water has been a dream come true as well as help to bring additional strength to a person and soul that I, most of the time, consider to be ironclad. Yet on this day, Oct 29, 2012, with hurricane Sandy looming over us we’re feeling rather vulnerable. An emotion, I try hard to stay away from. I should enter here that we’re safe and sound, waiting the storm out.

To begin the new transition of this blog, let me just say that we’re, healthy, and doing our best to be as happy as possible. Yes there are outside sources that will continue to be a sliver that needs to be pulled, but we’re doing our best to make sure that they stay at bay. Hopefully like many of you, we’re focusing on each other, our goals and our future. David is at this moment working on his gallery, as I mentioned it will be opening soon, and I’m here in the sun room spending the day, listening to Sandy’s increasing winds and rain all the while doing some professional clean up and a bit of writing.

I’m going to end by saying that I’m happy to be back in my own lane.

Be well!

Comments

  1. And so... this is good, you, reconnecting to what you love, and I'm going to say, it's about damned time dear! Miss you much-ly. XO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts