Happy Birthday to ME!

To begin, I took the day off. I thought that I deserved it. Everyone should take their birthday off.
So the day began with a birthday wish from D a couple calls from my sister, brother and sister-in-law. Then I had breakfast with my son at “Big Daddy’s” I’m a member of their group and as such get my breakfast for free, which was really nice. During the meal my son received a call from him mother yelling at him wanting to know where he was. I felt for him. I knew that she knew because I told her, so it was just some game for her and a way to make him uncomfortable and to try to ruin my day. Well – it didn’t work. He told her that she already knew about this and that he would call her back. At any rate breakfast was nice. Afterwards we walked around a bit, I went and got my mail and surprise surprise I received my divorce papers in the mail.


Now there are a couple interesting points here. During the weeks before this my “soon to be ex-wife” had been trying to get to pay half of her lawyer fees. Which is fine, I said that I would. Having two lawyers seemed silly to me and I would have had of lived here in NY state for 2 years before filing and that wouldn’t have been good. All I asked for was copy of the receipt. I never got one and she never got the $500. But come to find out in the papers that I received – she wants me to pay ALL the legal fees and she wants spousal support. Which in my mind means that she was trying to grab and extra $500 bucks from me. The naughty little girl….. Not happening! So now I have had to get a lawyer of my own and it’s going to cost us both. Silly really when you think about it. She wants out, I want out, our children are grown and there is really nothing but debt to split. So why go this route. I’ll let you make that judgment……

Anyway, I didn’t let the fact that I received the papers on my birthday bother me. It was almost like it was a little present, always the silver lining…… My son and I continued to walk around the Village until about 11.45a, called my Aunt, whose birthday is the same as mine. My son left and then I met D. for lunch, who was overjoyed about the paperwork news. See no big deal, it’s a good thing. After lunch I went to Target to buy a new bike, of course I couldn’t have completed the trip without falling UP the stair of the subway putting scares on my knees as well as my pretty new bike. Still all is well. I went home, cleaned up and then met D at work so that we could head out to dinner. Red Lobster – I’ve never had lobster, really haven’t had much seafood. That apparently was the deal. I need experience new things. For those of you who had it you know, for those of you who don’t – IT’S AWESOME! Needless to say I really enjoyed dinner. I had lobster tail, scallops and shrimp – oh and we had this appetizer that was scallops wrapped in bacon with bbq sauce. Yuuuuuuuuuummy! Later it was present time…..


The next day was Sat so D. and got on the bikes and rode through Central Park, had a picnic and then went down the pier on 23rd Street. Laid there and just relaxed doing some people watching and gazing at the cruise ship as it past by. Just a bit of color was to be had, which is always nice.

Sunday was brunch with friends at Arte Pasta in the Village. Their Eggs Benedict with unlimited mimosa was excellent. It always is. My daughter will be angry because apparently I’m not supposed to go to places that we as a family have gone to. Not sure that I understand that, am I suppose to avoid everything that we did as a family or just the places? Meaning we use to eat spaghetti – bbq chicken – or we use to ride in a car together, am I not to do those things either…… Sorry, got lost there for a moment. After brunch we all just walked around the Village wandering in and out of various thrift shops.
All in all, a grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat birthday weekend. I/we had a blast. Oh and the big news – I was wearing shorts for the majority of the weekend. Something that has happened on my birthday only a hand full of times.

Thank you to all those who sent birthday wishes.

Comments

Popular Posts