Yum!

I ask you, is there anything better to eat then Chinese? Sweet and Sour Chicken for me and Shrimp and Vegetables for D, has become a weekly treat for both of us. How nice it is to come home on Friday night after a long week, walk into our local Chinese take-out place, not have to worry about ordering because they already know what we want, take it back to our apartment, kick out feet up and enjoy. And the best part, because we’re such good return customers, we always have enough for the next day’s lunch. That is of course if we don’t get to greedy and chow it all down in one sitting. Which trust me happens often. It causes just a few more minutes at the gym but it is soooooooo worth it.

I dare say that if any of you, non-New Yorkers, ever walked into a City Chinese take-out you just might walk right back out. Most of them are run down, dirty and loud. A good one will have only a couple chairs and a table in their lobby as most of their business is take-out and delivery. One of the really cool points about the whole experience is listening to them toss the order back to the cooks, chefs, whatever they are, guys hanging out around the oversized woks, and thinking that they actually understood what was being said. Hmph, it makes me smile every time. Even now as I’m sitting at my desk on this late work night with a boat load of S & S Chicken in front of me I have to wonder how it is that no matter where I get my special treat, it always tastes the same.

But, if you’re ever here in the City and you are looking for REALLY GOOD Chinese – go to 8th Avenue and 21st Street. It is nothing short of amazing.

Be well and eat up!

Comments

Popular Posts